Thursday, September 19, 2013

{{Link}} "Walter Joshua Fretz" The boy touching hearts everywhere.

I recently came across an article giving an example of how developed babies are very early on, even while pro-abortionists claim they are only a "clump of cells." Interested, I did some digging to find the original source.

"Walter Joshua Fretz – The story of our son who is impacting so many even though he was on this earth for only a few minutes"

The baby in the article is only about 17 weeks old (assuming they conceived the average of two weeks into the mother's cycle.) That's not even half as old as a "full-term" baby, and he certainly doesn't look like a "clump of cells." Even at that age, he looks like a tiny human.

I was touched by this mother's story, and I feel for her. There's nothing like going into labor knowing your child will die - and to have this happen unexpectedly, in an unfamiliar place, with staff (at the beginning) who were nothing short of apathetic? I would be terrified.

On one note, I must applaud this mother: If I had been relegated to the emergency room and started to feel like I was going into labor at only 19 weeks along, I might not have been so patient. I probably would have insisted I be seen, rather than waiting until it was far too late to possibly salvage the pregnancy. Additionally, she seems to hold no grudge against them, even now. Of course, it would not help her to hold a grudge - it would not change the outcome one bit. She has chosen to focus on the positive - her perfect child included - instead of the negative. Good for her!

I also feel for the OB staff. I do not envy their position, as I know the staff where we had our baby were very deeply impacted by her delivery - and they were prepared for her birth! I mean, I'm sure they're not totally unaccustomed to loss, but I'm also sure they prefer to deliver healthy, living babies. I know our situation made my OB very solemn about the whole thing. This woman's situation is not entirely uncommon, but it is certainly something which people attempt to avoid.

In any case, I hope you read her article, and spend some time in awe over her sweet little boy. He is as beautiful as his story, and I pray he is allowed to continue inspiring hope through his short stay here on earth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;