Monday, November 26, 2012

Pumpkin Butter

So I had this baby floating around in my cabinet just begging to be used:

Yes, my cabinets really are doorless.

Pumpkin! And, since, we are less than a week away from last Thanksgiving, there's totally nothing wrong with putting it to use. The problem: what to make. I searched on Allrecipes.com for a good option, since I'm not well-versed in pumpkin-use. I landed here, mostly because it didn't require eggs (the last two of which I'd used in this super-delicious brownie recipe minutes earlier.)

However, I didn't have any apple juice or cloves. That wouldn't deter this adventurer! I substituted the apple juice for the same amount of melted butter (oh, my poor heart!) and the cloves for the same amount in allspice.

The recipe turned out to be thus:

15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/4 c + 2 Tbs butter, melted
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp allspice
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

1. Combine everything in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 mins or until thickened, stirring frequently.
3. Once finished, chill in the freezer until ready to eat!

This stuff not only tastes delicious, it also makes your home smell all Autumn-y. Mmm.

A couple of shots for your viewing pleasure (read in a French accent, of course):

So, I didn't read the part about cooking it at first... and might have enjoyed
some un-cooked goodness on a piece of toast. Don't judge.

Le simmering.

Aww, he found a brownie friend. Dare I mix them? Perhaps.
Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;