Thursday, December 15, 2011

Old Blog - Creativity

Mushy:

Last night, after Charles got home, we were talking (duh) and after a while he laid on the couch to rest for a bit. Like a crazy person, I decided to take a walk - at night - by myself. I got all ready with my hat, scarf, gloves, coat,etc. and phone tucked into my pocket where I could quickly reach it if I needed to call someone. Once I left the house, I was walking fairly quickly. At one point, I slowed a little bit because there were a couple of cute brown bunny rabbits hopping along in front of me (and I love cute little bunny rabbits.) A few minutes later, I heard hurried footsteps behind me and turned just as Charles caught up with me, arms flailing and very much out of breath. When he finished coughing and gasping for air (I would be too if I had just ran about four blocks on a cold, windy night) he held me close and explained that he'd seen me leave and started panicking as soon as I left his sight. He'd rushed to put on his shoes and coat, grab his house key and run after me. He apparently had thought I'd gone down one block and then straight instead of going in a straight line all along (you would too if you were directionally-challenged like I am.) He then asked me if I wanted to keep walking or go home and we walked home hand-in-hand. He's great, he really is.

When we got back, I told him something "bad" I'd done earlier that day - are you ready for it? When we originally ordered our internet and TV package, we had opted-out of any of the three-month extras like Cinemax, Showtime and Starz, etc. However, we later found out we'd been given those channels anyway, much to my displeasure. I am not going to pay for channels I specifically opted out of when I started my service. After a phone call to DirecTV, I got that all sorted out and decided to keep the darn channels until our free service months are over. (You can be sure that two very large reminders went up around the house to make sure they get canceled on time though.) Anyway, Twi****t was on yesterday and I may or may not have found myself watching the last half of it because I hadn't seen it before and I was curious. It was during the movie that I found myself doing the unthinkable: comparing my darling Charles to Ed***d. I wasn't thinking "which one is better," rather I was noting how similarly Charles treats me. He always treats me like I'm very fragile and precious to him and says those things all girls dream of being told and means it. Holy. Cow. It's wonderful. When I told him about it, he laughed and rolled his eyes. He doesn't like to face that he's ridiculously sweet to me and all I've ever wanted, but deep down he knows he's my adorably sweet and amazing true love.

Not-So-Mushy:

Dear Jogger Who Goes By My House Every Day,
        You are so fit!! And running in this weather! You make me want to cry. Can I come running with you?? I miss my workout group... and treadmills, and a pool, and... not being alone when I work out. Blah. One of these days I just might stop you and ask if you want to work out together. I'm not weird, I promise!
       Sincerely,
            Me

More:

By the way, Charles is quickly losing his ability to have a say in the names of our children. His go-to middle name for each one is - brace yourself - "juvenile delinquent." SERIOUSLY HONEY? Seriously?!! You're lucky I love you... but that doesn't mean you're getting anywhere near their birth certificates as long as that's your answer to "What should their middle name be?" *Ahem*

After I posted yesterday, I decided I would really love to go crafts-crazy, but we'll see how that goes. This girl I graduated with, Kalesa Newman, is already awesome at making bows. I envy her. Here's her site:

And some examples (again, Christmas-themed, but she has many more):
Aren't they pretty?!!

Oh, and in case there was any question, I despise liars and cheaters. And not the Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny type of despising someone. They are still friends at the end of the day. No, no, no. This is the death-stare-and-think-about-how-much-you-wish-they-would-implode despise. Ugh. *end rant*

*LATER*

So, I forgot something fairly traumatic from today. I locked myself in my room. No big... except Charles was at work and I had to use the restroom so bad. It was one of those wake-you-up needs so of course I'd be locked in. The door knob hasn't been working for a while, so we just weren't shutting the door all the way. But then because I was really tired, I'd shut the door when I went in to go back to sleep after Charles left for work. When I woke up, I went straight for the door, turned the knob and... nothing. The knob just kept turning. I was like "Crap!" The first thing I did was text Charles then I went to work trying to find something to unscrew the knob from the door. However, we only have one screwdriver (which is not kept in our bedroom) and I couldn't find anything else to turn the screws with. Next thing was trying to "jiggle the handle." I turned and turned, but nothing was happening. Walking around the room for a minute, I decided my only option was to continue to mess with the knob so I did. Surprisingly, it actually started to catch. I had to try several times, but after a while I finally got it to turn and was freeeeee! (Picture Adam Sandler in Bedtime Stories.) Guess who called literally a minute after that to tell me they were coming to my rescue? My amazing husband! He'd decided to take his break so he could come let me out of our bedroom. Thankfully, he hadn't already left by the time he called so he could go ahead and enjoy his break at work instead of having to drive around during the whole thing. I love him. I'm grateful for his willingness to be my knight in shining armor. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;