Thursday, January 30, 2014

My Husband

I've been thinking of a post like this for quite a while. Maybe it's silly, but I really want to get it out, so bear with me.

We've all seen newlyweds on Facebook post the obligatory "My husband/wife is the best!" Well, I'm here to say my husband really is the best - he's the very best for me.

My husband may not be great for my best girlfriend or some single lady walking down Main Street, but he is my rock. With him, I found the kind of connection where silence is comfortable and encounters aren't forced; where silliness is perfectly okay - even encouraged - and all we want from each other is each other.

I hadn't exactly lived in a bubble before Charles. I'd had feelings for other men before I knew he even existed. However, being with or around them was never as natural as being with Charles, and I always felt like there was at least one thing I couldn't stand. With Charles, we clicked instantly. He met every important criteria, and I have never felt like I had to pretend or try to hide the geeky or weak parts of myself.

I love when he sings to me. I love how he holds me, and how he can only sleep if I'm next to him. I love that he doesn't leave without kissing me and telling me he loves me, and I love that he does the best he can to provide for us. I love that we make goofy faces at each other, and have our own little code for speaking without words. I love that making him happy makes me happy too.

Do we have the exact same interests? Nope! I could never pretend to like football as much as he does, and he could never get as excited about a new skein of yarn as I do. Aside from our interest in each other, we love our children, bowling, cuddling, caring for animals, shooting, going to the temple, etc.

The best place for me is with him - working, growing, loving, learning - and it's exactly where I intend to stay. I have been so blessed. My husband really is the best, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;